Wiltshire Council & Your Local Member of Parliament

Our team consists of highly qualified and motivated professionals, who are all experts in their field. With many years of experience in the industry, they have the expertise to provide comprehensive, first-rate services to our clients.

The consultant

Unitary Councillor Bill Parks 

our Unitary Representative is Councillor Bill Parks

Home address: 
2b Prestbury Drive
BA12 9LB

Mobile:  07712 490075

Email:  bill.parks@wiltshire.gov.uk

Bus. mobile:  07484 826540


Wiltshire Council is the Unitary Principal Authority for the area, and they are responsible for providing the following services: Highways, Planning, Refuse collection, Adult Social Care, Children's Services and Education and many more. Please use the Wiltshire Council main contact number 300 456 0100 for any issue with the above.

How to complain about a Parish Council Member

All councillors have to comply with a Code of Conduct for members. Each local authority may decide define their own Code of Conduct, but all Codes must have due regard to the following principles:

Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, Leadership.

Horningsham Parish Council has adopted the Local Government Association Model Code of Conduct. so if you are concerned about the conduct of a parish councillor you should contact the Clerk and ask to be provided with a copy of the Code of Conduct they have adopted.

If, having read the relevant Code of Conduct, you consider that a councillor may have been in breach of their Code and you wish to complain, please go to the Wiltshire Council website https://cms.wiltshire.gov.uk/mgGeneric.aspx?MD=ComplainaboutaCouncilMember and  fill in their  Members Complaints Form and either email it to governance@wiltshire.gov.uk or print it off and post it to:

The Monitoring Officer
Wiltshire Council
BA14 8JN

Please make it clear which council your complaint relates to, and state clearly in your complaint why you think the councillor may have breached their council’s local Code of Conduct.

When they receive your complaint the Monitoring Office will, in consultation with an Independent Person, decide what action should be taken. This decision will be taken having regard to the guidelines set out in Wiltshire Council's Local Assessment Criteria (Appendix 3 of the linked document).

They can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a councillor when they are acting in their official capacity. They cannot deal with complaints about behaviour that is not covered by the members’ Code of Conduct for the relevant council. They will usually only be able to consider complaints made within 20 working days of the event giving rise to the complaint.

After the Monitoring Officer and the Independent Person have received your complaint and given the councillor an opportunity to respond to the issues you have raised they will contact you to let you know what action, if any, will be taken.


The life coach

Your Local MP  is Dr Andrew Murrison Tel: 01225 358584

George Vernon is a certified life coach. He joined our company in 2015, where he has worked as a coaching specialist offering assistance in his clients’ private lives.

Highways Team

Parish Steward

The Parish Steward can only complete works listed below:

  • Hand clearing and cutting of growth from drainage grips and drain gully covers.
  • Hand clearing of blocked drainage gullies, culverts, pipes and pit3
  • Clearing storm debris from the roads and footways
  • Clearing collision debris, clinical waste etc.
  • Pedestrian barriers repairs, preparation and painting
  • Cleaning, re-installation and straightening of small road signs, street nameplates and bollards;
  • Installation of small road signs, verge marker posts and supplied street nameplates
  • Removal of limited graffiti from road signs, bollards and street nameplates
  • Hand cutting of grass and vegetation in visibility areas
  • Hand treatment of weeds in rural areas
  • Removal of Ragwort and other noxious weeds
  • Clearance of encroaching growth and soils from footways
  • Repair of minor surface defects in roads and on footways.


© Copyright. All rights reserved.

We need your consent to load the translations

We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details in the privacy policy and accept the service to view the translations.